My name is Laura Creer and I design and make all this lovely jewellery in my Yorkshire studio. Every piece is made individually by my own fair hands, making each one unique.
My silver and gold jewellery is handmade using a range of contemporary and traditional jewellery making techniques. The main two techniques that are used throughout my core designs are reticulation and fusing. These are heat manipulating processes that melt the surface of the silver, creating 'foil-like' patterns. The results are unique to each piece, making each one truly original, and it is this that inspires my work.
I get so much enjoyment making beautiful and unique pieces of jewellery, and it stems from knowing that each item differs from the next one. My work appeals to those who appreciate British craftsmanship and are looking for either a treat for themselves or for someone they care about. The unusual surface texture on my jewellery is not only eye-catching, but it is original as well, making it perfect for those of you seeking something that little bit different.
Exciting Makers Fairs I am exhibiting at...The Art Market
- Saltaire Makers Fair, Victoria Hall, Saltaire - 27th, 28th & 29th May 2017
- The Art Market, Holmfirth - Sunday 13th November 2016
- Crafty Fox, Black Swan, Leeds - Saturday 4th June 2016
- Saltaire Makers Fair, Victoria Hall, Saltaire - 28th, 29th & 30th May 2016
My current stockists are:
- Arteria, Lancaster
- ArtParade, Saltaire
- Bessemer Gallery, Sheffield
- Bessemer II Sheffield
- Cottage Gallery, Wedmore
- Craft Centre and Design Gallery, Leeds
- Ella Georgia Jewellery, Boroughbridge
- Fenwick Gallery, Warkworth
- Gifted, Glasgow
- Glasshouse Gallery, Leeds
- MIMA, Middlesborough
- Ramsgill Studio, Nr Harrogate
- Silver Dream, Holmfirth
- The Royal Albert Hall gift shop, London
If you wish to speak to me, please do not hesitate to call me on 07747002310